With the Covid-19 pandemic showing no signs of going away any soon and no proven medicine yet available, the only thing we can do is follow precautionary measures to avoid getting contracted by the virus.
So today, let’s check out 10 highly effective yet simple precautionary measures you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones from the Covid-19 virus. Let’s begin!
- First things first, thoroughly cleaning your hands and face multiple times a day especially after going outdoors is an absolute must! Make sure to use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- If anyone in your family or outdoors is found to be coughing or sneezing, ensure that you keep a safe distance between them and yourselves. Same applies to your family members.
- Wear a good quality mask at all times when travelling outdoors.
- Make it a point to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your bare hands irrespective of the situation
- In case you feel that you are going to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a handkerchief/tissue
- Isolate yourself in a separate room if you have a mild fever, cough, cold or unusual tiredness
- Seek medical attention ASAP if the fever rises or if you have difficulty in breathing or have a severe cough
- Start using separate cutlery as soon as you start feeling any of the symptoms of Covid-19
- Moreover, also use separate bedding & towels and wash them separately along with your clothes
- Ensure that all the things that get touched several times a day are wiped and cleaned with a disinfectant or sanitizer to avoid possible transmission. Things include doorknobs, light switches, toys, remote controls, sink handles, counters, mobile phones, etc.